After seeing this design for modular furniture on dornob (an architecture and furniture design website), I thought it would be cool to make my own. I designed the bracket shapes in Inkscape, converted them to G-Code with CamBam, and then cut them out of wood. I then took these wooden models to the local aluminum foundry (where they normally hand-cast things like pots and spoons). With the help of a friend speaking Lingala, I was able to get a good price per item (important since the hexagonal shelves I built have 34 brackets). The brackets came out a little bit rough, so I had to do some cleanup on them. I really like the finished product though!